Bike Club B-Corp Announcement
We are so pleased to announce that we are now a certified B-Corporation! Whoop!
After a long application process throughout 2022, we are delighted to have met the stringent social and environmental requirements set out by B Lab and receive our B-Corp certification.
So, what does it mean to become a B-Corp?
Let’s start by defining exactly what a certified B-Corporation is. As described on B Lab’s website, ‘B Corp Certification is a designation that a business is meeting high standards of verified performance, accountability, and transparency on factors from employee benefits and charitable giving to supply chain practices and input materials’.
It effectively means that a business prioritises people and the planet, rather than just profit. This may seem vague, but companies go through a challenging certification process. To become a B-Corp, we had to go through these 5 steps:
1. Completing B Impact Assessment:
● Answering questions about all areas of the business and providing documentation to support our answers
2. Submitting Assessment for Review:
● Sending assessment to B Corp once completed and threshold has been met
● Evaluation of application by a B Corp analyst
● Review call with Standards Analysts to go through assessment and provide any further documentation to support answers
5. Achieving Certification:
● Signing B Corp Agreement and B Corp Declaration of Interdependence once
assessment has been verified and threshold met
● Becoming part of B Corp community and added to B Corp Directory
It was challenging, but we did it! We are now one of 1000 B-Corp companies in the UK and are committed to using business as a force for good.
The B-Corp Process and Bike Club
Completing the B Corp process has helped us to improve processes across the business and has inspired us to become a better business. Since becoming a B Corp, we have begun to track our carbon emissions and will use the information to reduce our carbon footprint through ensuring our business processes are as sustainable as possible. We can now learn from other B Corps and are in the process of monitoring our ESG performance to ensure that we can drive sustainability in every area of the business.